With a dual-core Intel Core i5 or Intel Core i7 processor, the 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display lets you take your most performance-hungry apps on the road. That means wherever you can take your camera, you can take Aperture and your entire digital photo studio, too. Hyper-Threading technology, which enhances performance by letting each core handle multiple tasks simultaneously, is included in every model. And with speeds up to 3.0GHz and Turbo Boost speeds up to 3.7GHz, these processors are ready for just about anything.
The 15-inch model has a phenomenal display and a GPU to match. The NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M graphics processor based on next-generation Kepler architecture with 1GB of dedicated video memory provides up to 60 percent faster graphics performance than any notebook Apple ever made. And it delivers enough power to drive the amazing 5-million-pixel Retina display as well as two external displays. All while making the most graphics-intensive tasks like rendering HD video and editing RAW photography fast, easy, and incredibly fluid.
- Retina display: a spectacular 2560-by-1600 resolution lets you see more of your high-resolution images with pixel-for-pixel accuracy.
- Higher contrast, less glare: the Retina display reduces glare up to 75 percent while maintaining incredible color and quality.
- All flash storage: for MacBook Pro with Retina display, that foundation is flash. Because when you build a notebook around an all-flash architecture, not only is everything more durable, reliable, and battery efficient everything is fast.
- Long lasting battery: a 7-hour battery life is impressive for any notebook. But for a high-performance notebook with an ultra-high-resolution display, state-of-the-art processors and graphics, and a superslim design, it's absolutely remarkable.
- Hyper-Threading technology: enhances performance by letting each core handle multiple tasks simultaneously, is included in every model.
- Intel HD Graphics 4000: perfect for both everyday tasks and graphics-intensive creative apps. Scroll through large photo albums with ease. Play games with amazing detail. Even connect an external display or two.
- Thunderbolt ports: the fastest, most versatile I/O available. That's a huge advantage when you need to connect to just about anything external displays, RAID arrays, video capture devices, even FireWire peripherals (adapter sold separately) and Gigabit Ethernet networks (adapter sold separately).
- Advanced speaker design: for something so thin and light, the sound is huge. And with a wide dynamic range, optimal balance, and a crisp, expressive quality, these speakers might sound too good to be true.
- Dual mics: Dual built-in microphones are great for when you want to be heard. If you're making a FaceTime call, for example, the mics reduce background noise from behind the notebook. And when you use Dictation, they create an adaptive audio beam that intelligently adjusts to detect your voice instead of the noise around you.
- Touch and go go go: the MacBook Pro with Retina display features a Multi-Touch trackpad with a large, all-glass button surface. So you can tap, pinch, swipe, and click away comfortably.
- A brighter way to work: a built-in sensor detects changes in ambient light and adjusts the keyboard and display brightness automatically. So you're never in the dark.
- iCloud: iCloud stores your content and lets you access your music, photos, calendars, contacts, documents, and more from whatever device you're on. So if you take a picture with your iPhone or make changes to your meeting schedule on your iPad, iCloud makes sure everything appears on your Mac, too.